Friday, August 16, 2013

Champlevé

So after a long hiatus from blogging, hopefully this shall be a bit more frequent!  I was fortunate to do some traveling this summer (I've never had too many opportunities to explore outside of Texas!) and I was enlightened with new experiences and techniques.  

One such place I visited was Haystack Mountain School of Crafts for a two week workshop with Arthur Hash on etching, enameling, and Illustrator techniques.



 This was my first try etching and enameling in the etched area, known as champlevé.  I'm very happy with it.  Packing the enamel into the recessed area was time consuming, and yet cathartic, it's always easy to lose track of time when doing something tedious! 


I'll be posting some more projects from the summer, as well as new ideas for biological jewelry!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks! I think it will eventually be a brooch or pendant.

      Delete